KWC Occupational Therapy
KWC Occupational Therapy works with you to enable participation in the activities that are meaningful to you.
This may involve:
- Building skills in relevant areas ( for example improving your memory, or learning to dress or cook with your left hand after a stroke),
- Building your resilience to thrive in the face of challenging situations including workplace stress or after trauma; and/or
- Adapting or modifying your environment to better support your functioning (for example home modifications to make your home wheelchair accessible or reduce the risk of falls, or reviewing your work area to reduce the risk of shoulder or back strain or injury.
Specific services offered by KWC Occupational Therapy include:
- Cognitive Rehabilitation after neurological impairment, stroke or brain injury to improve functioning in such areas as memory, concentration, planning, sequencing, calculations and visual perception
- Activities of Daily Living assessment, advice and retraining
- Chronic Disease Management, including respiratory disorders, arthritis and heart disease
- Healthy Aging
- Fatigue Management
- Stress Management
- Falls Prevention
- Home Modification advice
- Return to work, especially after work-related stress
- Resilience at Work Programme
- Life coaching
- Cognitive Diversity and Resilience Training to improve your creativity, stress management, thinking and decision-making ability
- Psychological resilience and well-being to enhance your ability to manage in stressful situations
- Living with dementia for both individuals and carers
Through understanding the roles and tasks that you want to, need to, or are expected to perform at home, work or in the community, we will work with you to design a program to enhance your capabilities.